Topics for discussion include:
- Findings from the CMO-CIO Alignment Imperative study with Accenture
- How Digital Marketing is Impacting the Consumer Decision Journey and Enabling Competitive Advantage (David Edelman of McKinsey)
- Marketing Organization Review + Empowerment (MORE)Assessing, Integrating, Focusing and Developing Global Teams
External link: Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO)
New research out of the U.S. finds companies are demanding more accountability from their senior marketing executives and marketing departments.
However, many companies still have a way to go toward implementing a consistent, formal approach to measuring marketing.
More specifically, the study by Forbes Insights and MarketShare Partners found that:
- Marketers with budgets of less than $1 million favored metrics (58%), whereas marketers beyond the $1-million threshold felt that having a “big idea” was more important (58%).
- The majority (68%) of marketing executives in the survey confirmed they have analytics in place to measure effectiveness and ensure accountability.
- While three-out-of-four respondents confirmed that each marketing initiative begins with a comprehensible goal, just 56% verified there is a concrete system at the conclusion of a campaign to communicate the marketing impact.
External link: Canadian Marketing Association (CMA)
A web seminar by the Business Marketing Association (BMA) – "B2B Branding: The Power of the Under-Promise" – will describe a three-step research- and process-driven approach to creating breakthrough B2B brands.
Each of the steps will be made real, practical, and applicable through sharing examples from the highly successful case story by one of market leaders in Workforce Management Software.
- Acknowledge the pain
- Don’t over-promise
- Find your brand’s authentic voice
External link: Business Marketing Association (BMA)
External link: BPA Worldwide
External link: The National
External link: Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM)